Friday, December 19, 2014

My top 5 Christmas movies

Happy Friday! I can't believe Christmas is less than a week away! I am back linking up with the wonderful ladies of 5 on Friday and Oh hey Friday to tell you my 5 favorite Christmas movies. Here we go!
1. The Holiday. The first time I watched this movie I was going through a horrible breakup so I could totally identify with both Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz's characters. Even now that I am happily married, I still love this movie and watch it every year. It is a feel good movie to me. It makes me laugh and cry. Plus I think Jack Black (whatever happened to him by the way?) and Kate Winslet are so cute together! Not to mention Jude Law's little girls...so precious!
2. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, the cartoon version. This was my favorite Christmas cartoon as a child, with Frosty the Snowman coming in a close 2nd. I remember getting so excited when it would come on tv. Another one that I have to watch every year.
3. The Family Stone. Such a hilarious movie! If you think your family is crazy or dysfunctional, just watch this one. It will make you feel a whole lot more normal! Plus I love all the actors in it, Claire Danes, Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams Sarah Jessica Parker, what an all star cast!
4. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. So cheesy but so funny! My husband is so much like Clark Griswold it's scary. I will have to post pictures of our insane Christmas decorations soon.
5.Home Alone. Saved the best for last! I remember when I was in first grade, my parents took me to see this movie in the theaters. I loved it and developed my first celebrity crush on Macaulay Culkin.  The year after that, they bought it for me for Christmas and I have watched it every year since on my same VHS tape, lol. The scene with the pizza delivery man is in my opinion, one of the best movie scenes of all time! I laugh so hard every time I watch it. I also love Home Alone 2. Not too keen on any of the other ones they made after 1&2 that don't have the original cast members.
What are some of your holiday favorites?



3 comments:

Megan said...

Hi Carol,
Stopping by from the friday link up :) I LOVE the movie the Holiday! Watch it as often as I can and even when it's not Christmas time!
Hope you have a great weekend!
xo
Megan
positivelypaliks.blogspot.com/

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

I seriously could have written this list myself!!!!!! I must say Family Stone is definitely one of my all time favorites!

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

1 and 3 for me for sure! And love Love Actually as well!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!