Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Holiday and pregnancy catch up

I have been such an awful blogger lately! Thankfully I am feeling much better but I am still soooo tired at night. I only have a little over an hour after Kennedy goes to bed before I am out cold. Most nights snuggling up on the couch and watching a show on the DVR outweighs blogging.
 
 
Here's a catch up of what's been going on with us:
 
We had a great Thanksgiving! It was wonderful to have my parents in town from Oregon to celebrate with us. Nick deep fried our turkey as usual and my step-dad loves to cook so he did all the sides. My mother in law brought the desserts so I didn't have to do any cooking this year which was great!
 
 

 
Christmas is so much fun with a 2 year old! Kennedy absolutely loved helping us decorate the tree. I of course broke out with my N'Sync Christmas album, gotta have some good decorating music, right? We took some dancing breaks in between decorating. I think it was while we were dancing that Kennedy broke her first ornament, ooops! I am sure there will be many more in the future. ;)
 
 Last year, my mother in law got Kennedy a bunch of Little People Christmas sets. We had packed them up with the Christmas stuff and so we took those out and set them up for Kennedy to play with. She had a blast.
 




 
Last week we took a trip to the Lights of the South in Georgia which has been a yearly tradition since Nick and I started dating in 2009. I think the only year we didn't go was the year Kennedy was born because she was a newborn.  Of course, it is so much more fun now that we have Kennedy to share it with. The look of amazement and fascination on her face this year as she looked at all the lights during the hay ride was a priceless memory!
 


 
Update on Baby Kaune:
 
I am 17 weeks this week! Week 16 was a huge turnaround for me. I finally have stopped throwing up! ( I hope!) I still feel a little gaggy at times but so much better than throwing up! I am also finally able to eat sweets again, just in small portions. However, I really don't crave sweets like I used to. I would much rather have some barbeque Pringles or apple slices with lots of peanut butter. I guess you could say those have been my cravings! Last time I weighed myself I was up four pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, so finally gaining some weight.
 
I am still super tired but I will take that over being nauseous any day! I have been sleeping great at night which I am loving because I remember how uncomfortable and sore I was sleeping in my 3rd trimester with Kennedy. Enjoying the great sleep while I can!
 
I started feeling for sure movement during week 16! I think I felt some flutters before then but wasn't sure if it was the baby or just gas, lol. Everyone says you will know for sure with your second one. Umm, not me. I was still questioning whether it was gas. However during week 16 I started feeling some pretty distinct little kicks and jabs.
 
A week from Thursday is our big day, our gender sonogram! We are having a gender reveal party Saturday the 20th. It's going to be Christmas themed. My co-worker Kris is decorating a box where we will put either red balloons for a girl or green balloons for a boy inside. We are going to let Kennedy open the box. Our guests will wear red if they think it's a girl and green if they think it's a boy. I am so excited! I honestly don't care either way, I am just ready to know! I also am ready to see our sweet baby again! We are praying that he or she is healthy and developing like they should be. Most people have been guessing I am having a boy but most people guessed I was having a boy with Kennedy so we shall see!
 
Here are some pictures from week 16 and week 17. As you can see, Kennedy has been really getting excited about the baby in Mommy's belly! I think I look bigger in my week 16 pictures but I think that's because I am wearing a maternity shirt in those pictures and I am not in week 17. It's so funny how the maternity clothes can really make a difference!
 




 
Have a great rest of your week! Thanks for reading!
 
 
 


4 comments:

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

You're right. Week 16 does look bigger than 17. Either way, you look awesome! And yes, we've had a few ornaments broken as well... Thankfully none of my 'fancy' ones

The Dorr Stop said...

You look great!! Your gender reveal sounds like so much fun- I know you can't wait!! :)

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

Oh your reveal is going to be so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures too! I understand about being a bad blogger. Nap time is when I usually blog, but lately I've needed a nap as well. Hope you get some rest soon!

Susan S. said...

What a cute gender reveal! How fun. :) I'm still suuuuuuuper tired too. I am doubting that will ever go away. And you're right- 2 year old Christmas might be my favorite Christmas ever. So fun!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!