Monday, April 14, 2014

Trip to Kentucky Recap

 Last week was our spring break and we headed up to my grandfather's house in Carlisle, Kentucky. My parents flew in from Oregon and my stepdad's mom flew in from Pennsylvania so it was a great week with family. On the way up, we split the 8 hour drive in half and stopped in Tennesse. Of course we had to make a trip to Nick's version of heaven, Bass Pro Shop. Kennedy had a great time for the most part, near the end she got a little tired and cranky. She was not so sure about the moose.

 When we arrived in Kentucky, we spent a lot of time catching up with family. Kennedy is very lucky to have her great grandfather and great grandmother in her life. Below is her and her great grandfather!
 Kennedy and my mom (Nana)
 The next morning we went for a walk in the town cemetary. Some people may think this is odd but my mom and I have been doing it for years. Most of our family is buried in this cemetary. My Nana passed away in 2007 and I miss her so much. Taking Kennedy to visit her grave is very important to me.
 This is our family cemetary plot, the Kennedy family. This picture warms my heart. Harry Kennedy was Kennedy's great-great grandfather.
 That afternoon, we went shopping with my mom and Grandma Pat in Lexington. I discovered a new favorite place, The Bluetique. Seriously ya'll, if I was rich, I would have bought everything in that store, so much cute stuff! Grandma Pat bought me this adorable maxi dress and a pair of pants very similar to these. I couldn't find the picture on their website, but mine have a little more pink in them than this pair. If you do not own a pair of pants like these, go get you some! I know they look a little odd, but they are super cute on and soooo comfortable.

 
 We went out to dinner that night in Lexington at what used to be one of our favorite places, Jonathan's. The food was amazing as always but unfortunately we did not have the service we are accustomed to having there. Part of it was they were not very accomodating to Kennedy. I plan on doing a separate post about this soon. Anyone have good/bad experiences with going to restaurants that are more on the nice/fancy side with kids?
 The next day we finally had some nice weather so Kennedy had a blast playing outside. We have a picture of me on this same goat statue when I was little! We are not sure where it is, need to find it! Grandma Pat also passed down a china doll that was hers when she was little to Kennedy, which was very special.
 An attempt at a family picture...gotta love the toddler stage...
 Before we knew it, it was time to go home and go back to reality. We drove the whole 8 hours on the way back. It went well until the last 3 hours when the portable DVD player died. Those last 3 hours seemed like an eternity. We sang songs, read books, played with toys and ate snacks to pass the time but eventually we had a full on meltdown. I say "we" because Mommy was almost in tears too. It was a fun week with family but there's no place like home!
 Kennedy with Nana and Spike
Kennedy with Nana, Pops, Mommy and Grandma Pat
 
 
Have you had your spring break yet? If so, how did you spend it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!