Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday Fun!

Linking up for the 5 on Friday fun today! Being a teacher, Fridays don't mean as much to me in the summer as they do during the school year. The days all kind of run together but I still love this linkup nonetheless. It allows me to be completely random, which I love! That's my kind of blogging folks! :)
 
 
1. Anybody doing any summer reading? I just finished this:
 
 
It was one of the best books I have read in a long time. Highly reccomend! I want to read more Kristin Hannah books. I am now reading this:
 
 
I love Wally Lamb! I have read all of his books and enjoyed every single one. This one was pretty slow to start and didn't pull me in as much as his other books but I am enjoying it.
 
2. I know Mark is only 7 and a half weeks old but boy has it been harder to shed the baby weight this time around. With Kennedy a lot of it just fell off naturally and due to nursing. This time around, I am embarrassed to say I am only 13 pounds lighter than I was the day I went into the hospital to have him, yikes. It also feels like I am hungry allll the time due to nursing. With Kennedy I had to suppliment with formula but this time around I have had no supplyissues. These Yoplait Greek Whips have been an awesome healthy snack. I love them because they aren't watery like yogurt tends to get sometimes. They are super yummy. My favorite flavors are the vanilla cupcake, strawberry cheesecake and black cherry.


3. My friend Cassie is going in Wednesday to be induced with her first child, a little girl. She and her husband Cardell have opted not to reveal the name. All we know is her initials are LEM. The suspense is killing me! Cassie texting me the other day saying that all the lists for packing a hospital bag on pinterest were giving her anxiety and that she felt like they were more for a vacation, lol. I gave her my short and sweet list: nightgowns, full bottom underwear and shower stuff. Praying for a healthy delivery and healthy baby girl!
 
 
4. How was your 4th of July? Ours was very low key as it usually is every year. Pool time at my in-laws house (Paw-Paw and Grandma's) and some fireworks. Our friends Adam and Jessica and their boys Payton and Grayson joined us. Kennedy and Grayson were attached at the hip the whole time. They had a ton of fun playing with sparklers and playing in the pool together.
 





 
As you can see, Mark was clearly thrilled about his first 4th of July, hehe. He stayed inside with his grandma most of the time. He did come out for the big fireworks show and amazingly slept through the whole thing. I still covered his little ears though because I was so paranoid.
 
 
5. Thanks for everyone's kind words on my last post about Kennedy's adjustments to being a big sister. She started gymnastics this week in addition to dance, which she started last month. She absolutely loved it! She kept checking to see if Nick and I were watching and she would get so excited to show us what she could do. I think the extra-curricular activities are really helping with her adjustment issues.
 
 
We also met up with Jessica, Janna and Brooklyn (my friend Laurie Anne's daughter) to see a puppet show at the library and then went to Chick Fil-a for lunch this week. The puppet show was super cute and the girls had a ton of fun eating and playing at Chick Fil-a.
 
 
Also this was a couple of weeks ago, but it's too cute not to share. They have water day at Kennedy's daycare once a month during the summer. Kennedy had sooooo much fun. We bring her to daycare one day a week during the summer and every time we take her she asks if it's water day. She can't wait for the one at the end of this month and in August. She was also so excited that her and her friend Finley had the same swimsuit.
 


 
Mark has been doing awesome. I can't believe that in a little over a week, I will be writing his 2 month old post. We go to the pediatrician on the 21st for his check up and shots so I will try to post after that. Today when I was dropping Kennedy off at daycare, the assistant director handed me the paperwork for him to start in the infant room. His first official day will be August 10th, only a month away! I can't believe it.
 
 He continues to be a relaxed and chill baby. His favorite things are snuggling and hanging out on his playmat. If he's not sleeping, eating or cuddling with Mommy the playmat is where you can find him.
 
 
 
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks for reading!
 

 

















 


1 comments:

The Dorr Stop said...

Ok, so how is Kennedy doing with both dance and gymnastics? We are doing gymnastics and want to start dance in the fall. The problem is that since we both work full time we have to do the classes that are offered after 6pm and if we do both, then we end up having 2 full nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week (one for dance and one for gymnastics). Trying to figure out if that's too much for her after being in daycare all day, but I'm torn because I also think she would love dance!! Btw, love that bathing suit- Reagan has the same one! :)

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!