Friday, July 24, 2015

5 on Friday

Yay for blogging for two days in a row! Linking up today for "Oh hey Friday" and "5 on Friday" fun.
Here's what's been on my mind this week:
1. I love making new friends and so does Kennedy! Kennedy and her new friend Charlotte totally clicked during gymnastics camp.

Charlotte is on the left

Charlotte's mom Jenna and I had fun talking and getting to know each other during the camp and she invited us to come swimming at their neighborhood pool. The girls had a total blast! They came with us to the library later this week to meet Doc McStuffins (more on that later) and we are going back to swim with them next week.




2. Can ya'll believe that Clueless came out in theaters 20 years ago??? Who else feels really old??? Love this movie! I am such a 90's girl. :)


3. Last week I participated in the "blow the whistle challenge" for domestic violence. It's a little bit similar to the ALS ice bucket challenge except not as crazy as dumping ice cold water on your head. You make a video of yourself blowing a whistle which signifies that you are breaking the silence of domestic violence and challenge 3 other people to do the same. You also have to donate to the Break the Silence fund at www.breakthesilencedv.com
I was in a very abuse relationship when I was in my early 20's. For awhile I was very ashamed and embarrased about it but I finally decided to share my story and post my video on Facebook. The response was overwhelming. I challenged my sister and 2 other friends that have also been affected by domestic violence. However, you are allowed to challenge bystanders as well. If you are challenged as a bystander you are making the pledge that if you know domestic violence is happening to someone, you will not stay silent about it. I am so glad I got the courage to finally speak up and am proud to be a survivor, not a victim.
You can read about how I finally left the relationship here and found Jesus again here.

4. I love to find healthy substitutes to foods I am craving that are not so healthy. Anyone else a fan of the peach milkshake at Chick Fila? These are almost as good!


5. So what have Kennedy and Mark been up to this week?

You can read Mark's 2 month update here. He had a great report from the pediatrician at his 2 month check up. The shots were awful and I cried almost as much as he did, just like I did with Kennedy. However he slept them off and was fine a few hours later.

Kennedy's big event this week was going to meet Doc McStuffins at the library this week with her friends Brooklyn, Caroline, Janna,  Charlotte and Ella. She had a ball even though the moms were dying laughing at the library's version of Doc McStuffins. ;) Let's just say this woman was the "geriatic" version of Doc. The kids all got to bring a stuffed animal to get a checkup from Doc and Kennedy was so proud that Pinky the monkey got a great checkup.






Ella's mom, Becky is a good friend and co-worker of mine. I taught her oldest son Jakob and Ella and her twin brother Luke were in my class last year. Becky and Ella come over to babysit a lot. Kennedy absolutely adores Ella and looks up to her so much. Ella is such a sweet girl and I am so glad Kennedy has such a good role model.

Kennedy is continuing to love dance and we already have her signed up for class this fall. My friends Brandi and Kari and their daughters Evie and Paisley are also going to start coming to class too which Kennedy is super excited about. This past Tuesday I guess everyone was on vacation because Kennedy was the only one in class, which she loved. Her teachers Miss Rachel and Miss Haley are so good with little ones. Kennedy refused to take her sunglasses off and they just let it go. That's my kind of teacher...pick your battles wisely. ;)

Only 2 more weeks until I go back to work. Savoring every second at home with my sweet babies!

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for reading!













2 comments:

Courtney said...

I've just started tracking calories on my fitness pal- so I definitely need to try those outshine bars!

Angela said...

I've never had Chick-fil-a's Peach Milkshakes before, but I did have a Peach Milkshake (that was called Peach on the Beach) on vacation once and it was amazing!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!