Saturday, June 7, 2014

School's Out!!!!

I wrapped up my 8th year teaching last Thursday! I really enjoyed my class this year. They were a great group of kids and I know they will go on to do great things! This past week I have been tagged in numerous Facebook photos by parents and everytime I see one, I smile.  I am really going to miss them. The second grade teachers have told us to brace ourselves for the group coming up so I am going to make sure I get plenty of rest and relaxation this summer. ;)


 Last weekend, we hosted the Phi Mu alumnae  "family day" cookout at our house. Kennedy had a blast playing with Donelle's niece Teagan who is a couple weeks older than her. I didn't get any pictures of them playing in Kennedy's new playhouse but they had so much fun. Kennedy is loving her playhouse!
 Phi Mu Legacies! I wish I had gotten a picture of the moment that happened after this picture was taken. Kennedy had taken Teagan's bottle and took a big sip, only to spit it out. We don't give her juice very much and the pink lemonade must have been a little sour. She had the funniest look on her face.

 Pictures these days are rough with a toddler! Kennedy is not a fan of holding still. This was about the best we could get!
 
On the agenda for the first week of summer: going to see Malificent with my sister in law Rachael,  Kennedy's swimming lessons, Nick's cousin Lora Ann's high school graduation in Ashville, NC and lots of playing outside and quality time with my little family. So excited! Oh and sleeping in until atleast 7:00 am! I get up around 5 am for work so I am very thankful that Kennedy wakes up between 7 and 7:30 and I can get some rest. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far!


7 comments:

Stro said...

You look great, Carol! Cheers to a restful, fun, rejuvenating summer!

Dawn said...

Happy Summer!

Amanda said...

I love the striped dress you have on!!! It's adorable. Also, where did you get that baby pool? I've been trying to find a really shallow one for Jeanette but haven't had much luck. I've only looked at Target and Meijer.

Kaitlin Harrison said...

No way you've been teaching eight years-you don't look old enough :) Enjoy your summer, friend!

Carol said...

Thank you Tiffany! You too! You need all the rest you can get Mama! Update soon please on the babies!

Carol said...

You too Dawn!

Carol said...

thank you Kaitlyn, you are too kind! I can't believe it has been that long but yes, I started teaching in the fall of 2006. I was 22! Seems so long ago!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!