Friday, June 13, 2014

5 on Friday-Yay for Summer!




Happy Friday! We have had an awesome first week of summer! Here's what's been going on in our "neck of the woods."

1. Have you read The Fault in Our Stars?  To be honest, I had never even heard of this book until one of my co-workers told me about it a few weeks ago. I have been invited to go see the movie next week with some girls from work so I started reading the book Wednesday. It is sooo good! My reading time is limited to nap time and after Kennedy goes to bed and I am already almost finished with it in two days. Definately a must read!
 
 2. Speaking of movies, I saw Malificent this week with my sister in law Rachael. Sleeping Beauty was always one of my favorite Disney movies when I was little and I always thought Malificent was so scary! This movie did not disappoint. Angelina Jolie was fabulous in the role. It is quite different from the original but had a great storyline. I really enjoyed it.

3. Alright so no Bachelorette this week due to the Hilary Clinton special but I have to dish on last week's episode. Eric, God rest his soul, I think was a little naive about how this show works. I am going to have to take Andi's side on that whole arguement. I think if you want to see a fake bachelorette, rewatch Emily Maynard's season. She has since admitted in interviews that she only did the show for the trips and to be famous. Call me crazy but I really think Andi is there for the "right reasons" and "to find love." Hehe, sorry had to use the stereotypical lines. Oh and the Boyz II Men date? BEST DATE EVER!


4. We took a trip out to Waynesboro, GA to visit my Uncle Karl and Aunt Gail on their farm this week. If you have been following my blog for awhile you know that we have taken Kennedy out there a few times before and she always has such a great time! Both Uncle Karl and Aunt Gail have been having health issues. Aunt Gail is currently undergoing chemo for a brain tumor. They are trying to sell the farm because it's just too much for them. They have lived there ever since I can remember so it will be sad to see them go but I know it's what's best.  We are cherishing the time we have left on the farm. Kennedy was reunited with her buddy, R2, the donkey. She had a blast "riding him" and pulling him around the barn. Wherever Kennedy went, R2 followed. It was the cutest thing! We also visited with the horses and Kennedy loved riding on the golf cart.








5. So what else has Kennedy been up to during her first week of summer break?

 Helping Daddy in the yard.
 Playing in her new playhouse. Side note-yes, my husband lives in white tank tops in the summertime. It is what it is.
 Aaaand, her absolute favorite thing this week? Swimming lessons! She was so excited to go yesterday that she grabbed Daddy's keys and headed for the door! If you have a YMCA near you, I highly reccomend the "Mommy and Me" class. The class is for 6 months to 3 years old. Kennedy is surprisingly the youngest in the class. She loves the songs and being in the water. They have been working with us on kickboards, trying to get them to learn to kick. My little diva just wants to lay on the kickboard and float around, no kicking for us. But, I am okay with that. I didn't sign up for the class for her to "learn to swim" at 18 months. I did it for her to be  even more comfortable in the water and to have fun, which she definately is!

How has your summer been so far? Be sure to link up with Christina, Darci, Natasha and April to tell us all about it!






2 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy weekend to you!

Carol said...

Thanks Dawn! You too!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!