Monday, June 16, 2014

Lora Ann's graduation/Happy late Father's Day!

This past Saturday, we drove up to Asheville, NC for Nick's cousin Lora Ann's high school graduation party. It's about a 4 hour drive. Kennedy is a pro at long trips but only if we have our secret weapon, the portable DVD player. She took a 2 hour nap and then was content with watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins DVDs. Kennedy had a blast at the party playing with the balloons and her cousins, Tristan, Tabatha and Marley.
 Nick's parents have 6 grandchildren and Tristan is the only boy. He does so well with it though and is really good with the younger cousins. Kennedy loves her Tristan!
 The beautiful graduate, Lora Ann!

 Love these pictures of the cousins! So sweet! Can't wait for many more memories of these girls growing up together.

 Kennedy was okay sharing Tristan with Marley but when Tabatha got in her space, she got a little upset. LOL. Also-funny story about the play phone Marley is holding. Marley kept saying that some "bad girls" were on the phone and they were hiding in the woods trying to ruin the party. She would go up to people at the party and hand them the phone and say "it's the bad girls! They are hiding in the woods!" My SIL Gretchen and I were laughing so hard we about peed ourselves.
 The first picture was about the best one we got of the whole Kaune family. I look ridiculous because I am trying to hold a very squirmy toddler. Posed pictures are about impossible these days with Kennedy.
 Austin, the family dog came and crashed the next couple of pictures. Not to mention, Tristan decided to be a typical teenager and make hand gestures.

Father's Day was very low key for us. Kennedy didn't get to bed until 9:30 Saturday night, which is 2 hours past her normal bedtime. She was up at 7:45 the next morning but was not a happy camper.  She is a lot like me, likes to be in a routine and likes her sleep!
 
We gave Nick his Father's Day present which was a card and a Cabellas gift card. We just got a Cabellas in Augusta and Nick has been dying to go so he was very excited. We ate breakfast at the hotel with Nick's parents then hit the road. When we got home, Kennedy napped and Nick and I unpacked and relaxed. We are very fortunate that our church offers a 5 pm service, so we headed to church later that afternoon.  It was an amazing service! The band 2nd Edition from Lee University led us in worship and our lead pastor preached an inspiring sermon geared towards dads. Sadly, I was a bad Mommy and didn't take ANY pictures yesterday of Nick and Kennedy. Probably because Kennedy was in a bad mood most of the day and I didn't even want to attempt. They did have a photographer at church who took some pictures but Kennedy was fussing in them.  Sigh. So here's a throwback to one of my all time favorite pictures of Kennedy and  her daddy. Kennedy was about a week old in this picture. I love how she is looking up at him! Melts my heart!
 Of course a Father's Day post  wouldn't be complete without a shoutout to my two wonderful dads! My biological dad and my stepdad Karl. My biological dad is home from rehab after having his stroke. He is still struggling with relearning to use his left side, so continue to keep him in your prayers. He will get in home therapy 3 times a week. He was able to get a wheelchair and two of his friends are building him a wheelchair ramp at home. I called to wish him a Happy Father's Day and he sounded tired but happy that I called. We are all coming to terms with the fact that he may not walk again but are trying to keep optimistic and encourage him not to give up. I hate that he is having to learn this hard lesson about what alcohol can do to your body, but he's my dad and I love him unconditionally and I know he loves me too!
 
I called my stepdad too and we mostly discussed all the fun things we are looking forward to doing in exactly one month when we take our trip to visit my parents in Oregon! So excited! Karl has been such an excellent father to me. He stepped up to the plate numerous times when my dad was absent in my life and I love him so much!
This picture was taken on my wedding day. I had both my dad (left) and Karl (right) walk me down the aisle. So special to have both of them give me away.
 
Hope everyone else had a great Father's Day weekend!

2 comments:

Lisa Loves John said...

Such sweet pictures of Kennedy and her Tristan! :) :)

zerry ht said...

Really a nice party! Hope it was enjoyed by all. Had a great time with my friends at one of the exotic Los Angeles venues on our welcome party. Got handmade invitations from our seniors and super seniors. Dj and table décor was amazing. Liked the cake and musical themes played by them.

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!