Friday, May 1, 2015

5 on Friday-woohoo for actually participating this week!

I haven't participated in this link up in awhile so I am super excited to be here! It's been a long week! Giving state standardized testing while 37 weeks pregnant is no joke! My feet are killing me so I am treating myself to a pedicure after work today!!!
1. We celebrated my hubby's 36th birthday on Monday! Very proud to call this man my husband! He is a wonderful father and such a hard worker. Sorry for the blurry Iphone photo but this was all I got! Kennedy wanted to wear her cupcake outfit to school for Daddy's birthday.

2. Who has seen "The Longest Ride?" My friend Jessica and I always go and see every Nicholas Sparks movie that comes out. This one did not disappoint! I loved the back story!!!

3. Anyone been watching Teen Mom OG? Gah...the drama is insane. Farrah is such a miserable human being. I don't feel sorry for her at all. I do feel sorry for Gary's girlfriend Kristina...yikes. I am not sure if Maci is really leaving the show because of Farrah but I hope she doesn't. I don't like Farrah at all and I obviously don't agree with her life choices however I agree with the producers, all of them have made bad life choices, including Maci, who is knocked up for the second time out of wedlock. I like her but she ain't no saint herself.

4. This is so late but I never got to blog about it. The weekend before last, my mom and grandfather came to visit. My mom had flown into Kentucky to spend a week with my grandfather. He has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and has decided to do a year of hormone therapy but he does not plan to undergo chemo or radiation. He will be 86 in June and feels like he has already lived such a great life that it's not necessary to put his body through all that. So, I was very glad that he and my mom were able to drive down for the weekend. We usually go visit him and my step-grandmother every spring break but it's an 8 hour drive and I just wasn't up to it this year considering I was 8 months pregnant. We had a great visit with them, just hanging out around the house, playing with Kennedy, eating out and having Pops experience his first contemporary worship at our church! He took out his hearing aids and said the music didn't bother him as much as he thought and he really enjoyed the sermon. Score!

5. I had my 37 week doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Still not dilated, no surprise there! The plan is to induce May 18th if he does not arrive on his own before then! Meanwhile, family members are betting on when he comes. I have to say I will be surprised if he comes on his own so I think it's quite amusing. My mom thinks he is coming on May 15th. Nick thinks he is coming on May 9th but I think he's just saying that because it's my sister's college graduation from USC that day and he doesn't want to sit through the commencement, hehe.

This is what you look like when you are 37 weeks pregnant and you have spent the day giving state standardized testing to 3rd graders then coming home, pushing a stroller for a mile walk and chasing a 2 year old in the backyard. It ain't pretty but it's real!  At least Kennedy looks cute!



We have really been enjoying spending time one on one with Kennedy. Next week we are planning to take her to Build a Bear for the first time to make a stuffed animal for herself and for Mark. The weather has been beautiful lately so we have been outside a lot. She has been super affectionate lately which I love but I honestly think it's because she knows things are about to get real....

I will leave you with some snapshots from the week: Kennedy and Grayson being silly after church, Janna and Kennedy at the park and Kennedy playing/cheesin' in the backyard.



I think that was way more than 5 things but I had to make up for the weeks I missed! ;) Have a great weekend everyone!









4 comments:

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Stopping by from the link up :) Happy Birthday to your hubby! Your little girl's cupcake outfit is so adorable! How fun that she wanted to wear it in honor of her daddy's special day!! :) Have a wonderful first weekend of May!! - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

Mackenzie Oakley said...

Stopping by from the link up! Teen Mom - for real!! It's like I have to watch it even though its so, so bad. Haha! Good luck these last few weeks before baby arrives! :)

Carol said...

Thanks Mackenzie! Glad I am not the only one with the Teen Mom obsession!

Chelsea said...

You are almost there!! I will pray for the rest of the time to be nice and you get some rest... Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!