Saturday, May 16, 2015

The day before induction....

This past week has been a whirlwind but we are finally ready for Baby Mark! The pack and play is set up, car seat is installed, hospital bag is packed, etc... I started my maternity leave last week because of some bad swelling. Being on my feet all day was making me miserable but I have never been the type of "sit behind my desk" teacher so I just couldn't stay put like the doctor wanted me to. I am still not dilated as of my 39 week appointment last Monday...no surprise there. I am going in tomorrow night to be induced and Mark should be here on Monday! In the meantime I am spending lots of time with Kennedy, going on lots of walks and eating lots of pineapple as always! 

I am so ready to have to meet him and cuddle him but still having some anxiety about Kennedy. This morning she broke my heart. She looked at me and said "Momma I go with you to get Baby Mark?" Tears immediately filled my eyes. I explained that she was going to stay at home with Nana and Spike but she was going to get to come visit. I also kept telling her that I was going to come home after a few days. I am so worried that she is going to think I have abandoned her. :( But as my friend Cindy pointed out, the good news is she won't even remember this down the road. We have been doing as much as we can to make her feel extra special including taking her to Build a Bear this week for the first time to make a "big sister" stuffed animal. She chose a pink monkey that she named "Pinky" and had a blast making her.




 
This past week we also celebrated Aunt Augusta's graduation from USC with a cookout at our house. The next day we celebrated Mother's Day, which was extra special because I got to spend it with my mom and Kennedy together for the first time. My mom and stepdad flew in from Oregon the day before.
 
 


 
 
This week has been so busy that I haven't even stopped to take a "belly picture" and to be honest, I haven't really been motivated to do so. I am so grateful for the little boy that is inside of me but I am just not one of those people that has that pregnancy glow. I look at pictures of myself lately and cringe lol.  I do hope to take one last "family of 3" picture tomorrow before we go in to the hospital.
 
 
I will hopefully try to at least do some sort of birth announcement post next week but I am not making any promises...I have not been a motivated blogger lately. I do love Facebook though, so find me on Facebook: Carol Bennett Kaune. We are so excited to meet our baby boy and complete our family! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Courtney said...

So many good thoughts and well wishes and prayers for a wonderful delivery! Can't wait to "meet" baby Mark! :)

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

So excited to meet your newest addition! Many thoughts of happiness to you + your family!!!!

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

So exciting! Wishing you and your family wonderful things!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!