Monday, November 17, 2014

Thoughts about the 2nd trimester

I am very excited that I am in my 2nd trimester of this pregnancy! Not only because I am hoping my sickness will subside some, but because that means we are closer to meeting this baby! :)Am I the only one who thinks pregnancy goes by slow? I don't know why but for me, it always seems to go by very slow which can be a good and bad thing at times.
A lot of people told me that they felt movement with their 2nd as early as 13-15 weeks and that you will know for sure your 2nd time around when you feel it. I think I may have felt some flutters in church yesterday but I am still not 100 percent sure it wasn't gas, lol. So much for knowing for sure! I didn't feel movement with Kennedy until I was about 19-20 weeks so we shall see.
I still cannot eat sweet foods. Yesterday I was feeling great so I ate a fun size bag of M&M's. Oh my goodness, they tasted so wonderful. Not so much 10 minutes later, when I was gagging over the toilet. :( I ate a bowl of ice cream several times a week when I was pregnant with Kennedy. This time around, even the thought of ice cream makes me sick.
A lot of the Old Wives tales have been pointing towards boy with this pregnancy but I don't want to jinx it for Nick, lol. Plus I am super stressed out because Nick and I have been disagreeing about the boy name. We have had a first name set since we were pregnant the first time and we also had a middle name set but then all of a sudden this time around, Nick has decided he doesn't like the middle name. So now we are trying to come up with a different middle name. We are thinking about a family name on my stepdad's side (my stepdad and I are extremely close) but the problem is people are constantly mispronouncing it because the spelling is different from how it sounds. Also, I am worried it may hurt my dad's feelings that we are using a family name from my stepdad's side even though my stepdad has always been there for me more than my dad. My dad had a stroke last spring and I have really just put aside a lot of the hurt and resentment I had towards him because I just feel like life's too short plus he's still my dad and I love him no matter what. I am a total planner when it comes to stuff like this so I really want to have this decided before the gender sonogram but it's really just a tough one.
We have a girl name set in stone but we also changed that from a name we had previously decided to use. I am a little disappointed because I have always loved our original name since I was a little girl but it has become SUPER POPULAR and so many people we know were naming their little girls this name. Not to mention, Kennedy has two little girls in her class at church with the name and one at daycare. Being teachers, Nick and I are very sensitive about not using over popular names because we don't want our child to be in a situation where they have their last name initial stuck to their first name their whole school career. However, I really like the name we have come up with. It's a K name so it goes with Kennedy very well, it's very unique and we have Nick's grandmother's name as the middle name.
I feel like I have been able to enjoy this pregnancy a lot more than I did with Kennedy. Still having a bit of anxiety here and there. It doesn't help that our youth pastor's wife recently lost her baby at 16 weeks. She went in for her 15 week appointment and everything was great then went in at 18 weeks for her gender sonogram to find out the baby had passed away at 16 weeks. I can't even imagine. Please keep JT and Brittany Black in your prayers. I talked to my doctor at my 11 week appointment and he told me that while it is very sad, it is also very rare to have 2nd trimester miscarriages. I know God is in control of the situation and so I just continue to believe and have faith that everything is going to be just fine.
Here's to the 2nd trimester!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Can't wait to see what you have and the name you choose:)

The Dorr Stop said...

You look great! Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl and find out the name!! :)

Carol said...

Thanks Dawn! Me either!

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

I totally think this pregnancy is flying by so quickly. With Lily it completely crept, but this time I'm like woah! I'm almost half way there!!! It's insane! Can't wait to hear your name picks! We have a boy name set but I'm not so sold on our girl name. The middle name is a definite though.

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!