Friday, November 7, 2014

5 on Friday/Oh Hey Friday!

Linking up with all the fabulous ladies in the Oh Hey Friday/5 on Friday linkups today! Here's what's been on my mind this week:
1. Embarrassed to admit but my new reality tv show obsession? SLEDNECKS on MTV. It's Jersey Shore all over again but set in Alaska. Sort of like a Jersey Shore on Ice, bahahaha. It is hilarious! They had me from the first episode when Sierra blows up her ex boyfriend's couch.
2. I am already on the hunt for maternity clothes especially since I have hardly any winter maternity clothes due to being pregnant with Kennedy in summer/fall. I absolutely love Old Navy's maternity line so thinking some online shopping is in the near future. Our Old Navy in store maternity section is terrible. It's always very picked through and they never seem to have mediums. :( I also plan on hitting up Kohls. I love their "Oh Baby" line. Where is your favorite place to buy maternity clothes?  
3. Chili is one of our favorite things to eat in the winter. Nick usually makes it with deer meat. My sorority sister Kim gave me her corn fritter recipe and we have been having corn fritters with our chili which makes for an amazing fall dinner! Super easy recipe, all you need is 1 can regular corn, 1 can cream corn, a block of cream cheese, and a cup of shredded cheese. You mix it all together and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Then sprinkle a little more shredded cheese on top and bake for another 10 minutes. YUM!
4. Bumpdate: I am 12 weeks this week. Still experiencing some nausea but overall it has gotten better. I am in a stage where it's hard to figure out what to wear because I am really not quite ready for maternity clothes but a lot of my regular clothes are uncomfortable. Leggings, dresses and palazzo pants are where it's at for me right now! The pictures below are of 11 and 12 weeks. In the 12 week picture, I was irritated about something, so excuse the fake smile.




5. Big sis Kennedy is doing great! She is moving up to the 2 year old room in a few weeks at school. We are very excited about this because her best friends, Creighton, Emma and Garris have already moved up and she misses them! However, we will really miss her wonderful teachers in the Toddler II room. We are slightly nervous because there is a no paci rule in this classroom and Kennedy still uses her paci at naptime and at night to go to sleep. We are in the process of trying to wean her off of it, but it's hard. Especially since I want her to sleep!







3 comments:

Amanda said...

I got a lot of my maternity clothes from Target and Old Navy online as well as a maternity consignment store I found in our local area. I love the Gap maternity clothes but they are so darn expensive!

We started watching Slednecks too, it reminds me of Buckwild.

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

Target and old navy for sure!! But I thing that the leggings from motherhood and maternity/ pea in the pod were wonderful! And gap maternity had simply the best tshirts!! But wait for their 40% off sale this thanksgiving! You look wonderful by the way!

Courtney B said...

Do you have access to H&M?! Cutest maternity clothes and soooo inexpensive!! Congrats on your pregnancy by the way! Soooo exciting :)
Those corn fritters look AHmazing!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!