Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Yesterday was one of those days. It was a field trip day and usually that's fun but in this case due to a student who just couldn't behave, it turned out to be stressful. Then that afternoon, I got a text from my mom saying that Thursday she and my stepdad will be putting down our beloved family dog of 15 years, Zeke. Zeke has been such a good dog. I still remember the day we got him. It was the beginning of my sophomore year of high school and my mom let me miss school to go to the breeders to go pick him out. He has been a great family pet, but a wonderful companion to my mom, who works from home. Zeke is a pug and usually pugs only live 10-12 years so we have been lucky to have him this long. It still doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye. However, I agree with their decision. Zeke is deaf and blind, struggling from dementia and his overall quality of life is just not good. Kennedy absolutely adores him and our other dog, Toby. Every time we FaceTime with my mom, she says "puppies?" Tomorrow we are planning to FaceTime one last time with Zeke so we can all say goodbye.
 

 
Then I got to daycare to pick up Kennedy and discovered that she had her first "write up" for biting. :( I was relieved to hear that another child was hitting her and she did it out of defense but was still not happy to hear that she did it. We have never had issues with her biting or hitting other kids so that was not fun to hear. I started fussing at her immediately and she burst into tears which of course made me feel bad. Then, as we were leaving the one teacher at her daycare that I absolutely can't stand stopped me. This teacher is a "floater" and fills in whatever classroom needs extra help for the day. I always cringe when a teacher is out in Kennedy's room because I don't like her in there with Kennedy. Apparently for years her and her husband have been trying to have children and have been unable to, which I can sympathize with and I truly do feel bad for her. However, her attitude is terrible and her tone with the kids is awful. I have heard from other parents that when you complain to the director, the director will say that she acts that way because she is unable to have kids and the job makes her sad. Ummm, get a new job?  Anyways, she said that I really need to get Kennedy off her pacifier since she is moving up to the 2 year old room in a few weeks and no pacifiers are allowed. Then she said "you don't want her to be the only one in there with a pacifier do you?"  I get it, but she only uses it for naptime! Plus, it really irritated me that she was telling me this when she isn't even one of Kennedy's regular classroom teachers. Very overwhelmed with all the information given to me and honestly I have no clue what we are going to do about the pacifier because she really does have a hard time falling asleep without it.
 
When we pulled into the driveway, Nick was out in the yard. Kennedy said "Daddy, I go to timeout today." Nick looked at me and I just burst into tears. I think the pregnancy hormones just made the bad day even worse. I am so glad that we have the day off today for Election Day. I needed some time to regroup and spend time with my family. This morning, Nick and I dropped Kennedy off at daycare for a few hours so we could vote, go out to breakfast together and then I had an eyebrow wax. Went and picked Kennedy up and spent some time with her. Now, she is napping and when she wakes up, my friend Valerie is taking our Christmas card/Kennedy's 2 year old pictures. Trying to just relax and not stress. This too shall pass and just like Alexander's Mom says "some days are just like that, even in Australia!"
 
 
 
 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man. How come all the "bad" things happen on the same day? I had one of those days a few weeks ago and it seemed like it would never end. Hope you're doing better. Jane has her paci for nap and bedtime only as well. I don't see it ending anytime soon, although we don't have a daycare that is telling us to get rid of it. Good luck sweet Mommy, you're doing great

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!