Friday, October 31, 2014

Oh hey Friday...I am pregnant! Friday 5 about Baby Kaune number 2!



Linking up with Oh Hey Friday and Five on Friday today. I completely forgot to put the buttons on, they are saved on the laptop. Publishing from my phone, sorry ladies!We are absolutely ecstatic to announce that Baby Kaune #2 will join our family in May! :) A lot of you knew that at the end of the summer we starting TTC and that I was a little scared. Thank you to everyone for their prayers. A lot of you also  know that I had two miscarriages before Kennedy so the first trimester is always an anxious/nervous time for me. Thankfully, everything has been going great so far. The heartbeat at our first appointment was 133 and at our second appointment it was 155. Here are 5 things about the pregnancy so far:

1. I have been much sicker this time around than I was with Kennedy. By the time I was 7 weeks, I had thrown up more than I ever did my entire pregnancy with Kennedy. No bueno, but he/she is worth it. This week (11 weeks) I have started to feel a little stronger but still nauseous at times and VERY TIRED.

2. People are not kidding when they say the baby bump comes quicker with the 2nd pregnancy. It took me a long time to finally start showing with Kennedy. I remember being at a museum with my grandfather in Kentucky when I was 24 weeks pregnant. The tour guide mentioned something about me being pregnant and I wanted to hug her because it was the first time a stranger actually could tell I was pregnant. I didn't even start wearing maternity clothes until 22 weeks. This time, I broke out the maternity jeans at 10 weeks, only because I hate that stupid belly band thing. I am really glad everyone knows now because I was getting a lot of weird looks from people who I could tell were thinking it but didn't want to ask.

24 weeks with Kennedy

3. Boy or girl? I have no clue and this time I don't even think I am going to try to guess. I really thought I was having a boy with Kennedy and obviously I was wrong. Nick would really like a boy, especially since we have decided this will be our last child but he has already said he will be just as happy if we have another girl. I honestly don't care. I would love to have a boy but I love being a girl mom too. As cliché as it sounds, we really just want a healthy baby. There is a lot of pressure from Nick's side of the family because out of 6 grandchildren, there is only one boy and he's 15 so everyone is ready for another boy in the family. We find out December 18th, which is my sister's birthday so we shall see!

4. Kennedy doesn't really seem to understand yet that she is going to be a big sister. However, she is still loving baby dolls and babies in general so I think as my belly grows, she is going to be more and more excited. We have asked her if she wants a brother or a sister and she changes her mind daily. :)

5. I am really excited about blogging about this pregnancy since I wasn't a blogger when I was pregnant with Kennedy. I know I have been a super slack blogger lately but the sickness has really taken a toll on me! I won't be doing the whole generic questionnaire thing just because I think they get a little redundant but I will post some pictures and updates of how things are going. I am also super excited because several of my blog friends who all have girls around the same age as Kennedy are pregnant and due this spring too! I know everyone loves to follow a pregnant woman's blog so be sure to check them out too:

Jennifer @ The Hunt's
Kaitlyn @Harrison Homeplace
Christina @The McGuire's
Courtney @ A + Life

8 comments:

Abby Lumbard said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What an exciting time for you and your family! :) Happy Halloween!

Amanda said...

Ah it's another baby boom in the blogging world! Congrats on soon being a family of four and happy halloween!

Kelly Mock said...

What a cute announcement! Congrats!

Ashley {Word on the Streets} said...

Stopping by from the link-up, and just wanted to say congratulations!! I am also excited for baby #2 (someday) because I was also not a blogger for my first pregnancy! :)

Dawn said...

Yay!!! Congrats!! Excited for your family! Kennedy is going to be the cutest big sister!!! ;) Sending you wishes of no more sickness and lots of energy!! xoxo

The Dorr Stop said...

Sooooo excited for you!!!! Can't wait to read about baby #2!!! :)

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

WOW!! This is huge! COngrats! Hope you feel better soon!!

Underneath Unspoken said...

congrats!!! :) so exciting!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!