Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday Musings

 
Life has been absolutely insane lately. Kennedy has had this nagging cough for going on 2 months now. We have been on two rounds of antiobiotics, using Zyrtec, humidifier, Vicks Vapo rub, everything. Finally, today her pediatrician ordered a chest x ray. Praying it's nothing serious but we need some answers! She has had no other symptoms besides some light congestion but the cough really keeps her up at night. We should find out the results tomorrow.
 
Rough football season for us Gamecock fans. I had someone ask me this week if I was ready to convert to a Georgia fan especially since my husband is one, then we wouldn't be a house divided. Of course my answer was no. I have been a Gamecock fan for a long time and I have been through way worse seasons than this. I love my Gamecocks, win or lose. At this point all we can hope for is a bowl game. Congrats Wildcats on the win! I also pull for the Oregon Ducks, so the  week  before last was rough too as we lost to Arizona and fell out of the number 2 spot.
 
 
Kennedy had a blast the Friday before last at Disney Junior live. She was absolutely mezmorized by all the singing and dancing and was most excited to see Minnie Mouse and Sofia. We were relieved that we survived our first "show" and that she did great! We are now excited about the possibilites of other shows like the circus and Disney on Ice!




Last weekend the Phi Mu alumnae council hosted a charity yard sale at my house. Phi Mu's national philanthropy is Children's Miracle Network and we are so fortunate that the Medical College of Georgia (right over the river in Augusta) is a CMN hospital. All the money we raise goes directly to helping local children. We raised 452 dollars on Saturday!!! Kennedy has been named "future Phi Mu treasurer" because she sat in our treasurer Nicole's lap the entire time and helped her take the money. It was the cutest thing ever!

In other Phi Mu news, my sister Erin has stepped down as the lead advisor for the collegiate chapter at USC-Aiken. She is getting married in December and her and her fiance Jack are hoping to start a family fairly soon. The lead advisor role is a really big responsibilty and takes up a lot of time. My sister Melody is moving from the alumnae chapter president to the lead advisor position, so I have been moved up from vice president of the alumnae council to president! I am excited but a little nervous because I am already busy as it is, especially since as I also serve as an advisor for the collegiate chapter.  However, I have a great council with a lot of dedicated sisters so I am ready to accept the challenge!

 Excuse Kennedy's pajamas in this pic, it was early!



Who has watched Hocus Pocus already? I have and I know it won't be the last time this Halloween season! My co-worker/friend Becky has actually never seen it which I think is absolutely insane. Her twins are in my class this year so I told them that soon we are doing a movie night they and their mom need to be exposed to this CLASSIC movie!

Oh and have ya'll seen that Facebook quiz going around "which character from Hocus Pocus are you?" I am totally addicted to those quizzes so I was so excited to take it. I got Max though...boooo. I was of course hoping for one of the Sanderson sisters! If you took the quiz, who did you get???

 
Have a great week everyone!
 
 

3 comments:

Kelly Mock said...

Great pictures! I got Max too! lol

Amanda said...

Jeanette has been battling a cough as well but since she's so little there isn't much we can do for her :( I've been running the humidifier and doing baby vicks at night. She's also cutting three teeth right now so I'm sure that's also making her restless.

Susan S. said...

Nick has had an extended cough as well. Our doc told us not to worry about it. :-/ Did they figure out what's going on with Kennedy?

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!