Friday, October 3, 2014

My Top 5 Scary Movies

I love scary movies. I love the feeling of suspense, sitting on the edge of your seat, waiting for something to happen. My best friend Ashley and I were roomates in college and we spent many nights in our dorm watching scary movies over and over again. Halloween was our favorite time of year. We would scout out all of the haunted houses in the area and hit them all up. We still both love watching scary movies and going to haunted houses, even at 30. I think one of our favorite parts of going to haunted houses is getting to hangout with the awesome characters from the movies we love! Yes, we are dorks, we know!



So in honor of it officially being October and Halloween quickly approaching, here my top 5 scary movies:

1. Halloween is by far my favorite "old" scary movie. Michael Myers is definately my favorite villian. That theme music...aaah...love it! Sooo creepy! Also scary for me because I babysat A LOT in high school for all the neighborhood kids.


2. Scream has to be on this list because Scream is what started it all for me. I was in 7th grade when it came out. I was spending the night at my friend Sarah's house and her dad said he would take us to see that "new scary movie" that was out. He made me call home to ask my mom for permission since it was rated R. I remember my mom hesitating and then saying "okay, fine but you better not try to climb in my bed when you get home tomorrow." I ended up LOVING it and went to see it two more times in the theater after that. This started my obsession with scary movies and I started renting all of the old scary movies. I found out that my dad loved scary movies too so he began reccomending his old favorites from the 80's which included the above movie, Halloween. :)


3. Nick, Ash, Kevin and I went to see this movie the summer before last when it came out. My Facebook status after leaving the theater read "The Conjuring is the scariest movie I have ever seen. That is all." Seriously, it is. I can't put my finger on what's so creepy about it. Maybe that it's based on a true story? It really creeped me out. Ash and I are trying to set up a date for the four of us to go see Annabelle, which is the prequel to this movie and comes out this weekend.


4. The new Amityville Horror is another one that really freaked me out. Ryan Reynolds was amazingly scary in this movie. I think another reason this movie creeped me out so much is that it's also based on a true story.


5. Nick is laughing that I am putting this one on my list, but I can't help it. Watching it back now, it seems so cheesy. But, when I was a teenager, this one was one of my all time favorites and it has stuck with me throughout the years. I think maybe because I had heard many of these "urban legends." All I know is I still check the backseat everytime I get into my car....


Linking up with Karli and Amy today!



So, tell me, what's your favorite scary movie? :)


4 comments:

Amanda said...

I think The Shining is my all time favorite. Anything Stephen King really gets me scared. I also love a good horror/suspense movie like Silence of the Lambs or Red Dragon. There is something so creepy about Anthony Hopkins in those movies! I do love Scream and Halloween. I haven't seen The Conjuring though.

Kelly Mock said...

Yes, yes, yes to all the Screams! So excited for the Scary Movie season!

Courtney said...

I STILL CHECK THE BACKSEAT OF MY CAR BECAUSE OF STUPID URBAN LEGEND! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who does this!!!! lolol.

I still think The Ring is my #1 scary movie that scares me most.

Susan S. said...

I haven't seen several of those! Halloween totally freaks me out. I haven't seen the Conjuring, but I think I'd like to!

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!