Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Let's Catch Up!

Life has been so busy lately! Let's catch up!
 
School is out! I was on maternity leave the last couple of weeks but I was able to come back for the end of the year awards program and say goodbye to my sweet third graders. I enjoyed celebrating their accomplishments with them.
 

One of my students gave me this in a frame:
 
 
I must say these are my favorite kind of teacher gifts to receive, so unique and personal!
 
My parents left at the end of May to go back to Oregon. Very sad to see them go. They were such a big help with the kids. It's really hard to be so far away from them and only see them 2-3 times a year. :( Kennedy sure does love Nana and Spike!
 
 
 
I love the fact that Nick and I are both teachers because we are both home in the summer. Even though we have a newborn, we have been having lots of fun just hanging out at home. Mark pretty much just goes with the flow. We have spent a lot of time in the backyard in Kennedy's little pool and in the sprinkler.
 


 
Kennedy got invited by her bff Janna to go to Sesame Street Live. She doesn't watch Sesame Street very much but she loves to dance and loves music so she had a blast! She danced almost the entire show!
 

 
I was going to wait until Kennedy was 3 to sign her up for dance but then my friend Brandi told me about a local dance studio that has a class called "Bitty Ballet" for 2 and 3 year olds. You can go to the first class for free and see if you like it. We took Kennedy and she LOVED it so we signed up for the summer session. She goes every Tuesday and she has such a blast. Her teacher, Ms. Rachel, and her teen assistant are both soooo patient and the class is just right for her age group. We also have her signed up for a 2 week gymnastics camp that starts in July.
 

 
We have been amazed at what a big help Kennedy has been with Mark. She has always loved to help but we thought it would get old after a week or two. We are on week 5 and she still loves to help change Mark, fetch us burp cloths and help us give him a bath. We are still working on supporting that head though...:)
 
 
Mark is 5 weeks old! We still continue to be amazed at what a relaxed baby he is. He really only cries when he's hungry or just really tired. He is only waking up 1-2 times a night to eat which is so different from Kennedy. However, he is very similar to Kennedy in the fact that he is very wide eyed and alert!
 



 
We made it to church for the first time last week! Mark did great! We have contemporary worship at our church and I think it's something about that loud praise and worship music that puts a baby to sleep. :) We kept him in his infant carrier the whole time covered so people wouldn't touch him but we had to move the canopy a few times so people could take a peek. :) It was great to be back!
 
 
My dad's side of the family came to meet Mark which included my Uncle Karl, Aunt Gail, my dad and my sister Augusta and brother Bubba. Kennedy loves having visitors and Great Uncle Karl and Uncle Bubba had lots of fun playing with her and Pinky the monkey. ;) Both my dad and my Aunt Gail have a lot of health issues so it's always good to spend time with them.
 





 
We had a great but low key Father's Day weekend. Nick absolutely loved this craft that Kennedy made for him at school.
 

This was the best we could get picture wise but this still makes my heart very happy!
 

 
I am also blessed to have my biological father and my step-father in my lives. Love them very much!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!